Jan 15, 2009

"Gong Xi Fa Chai" Chinese New Year


Photo taken from unknown site, put I bet there had a lot of good pictures of the food!

Happy New Year to all!

I went on the road trip this December and I must say Utah have really amazing National Parks. The wonderful touch of God to bend rocks like play dough is truly remarkable. When I climb up to a height where I saw a distant out ... snow that make the edges of the rock seem more visible; the trees giving a lovely contrast to the redness of the rocks; the snowy mountain hiding in the background - it is indescribable. How small I am in this world...and then i thought of the Dr Seuss's movie, "Horton hears a who", and I remember a quote at the end of the movie - And so, all ended well for both Horton and Who's, and for all in the jungle, even kangaroos. So let that be a lesson to one and to all; a person is a person, no matter how small.

Last weekend I heard Andre read out this Psalm:
Psalm 62 (NLT)
1I wait quietly before God,
for my victory comes from him.
2He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will never be shaken.
3So many enemies against one man—
all of them trying to kill me.
To them I’m just a broken-down wall
or a tottering fence.
4They plan to topple me from my high position.
They delight in telling lies about me.
They praise me to my face
but curse me in their hearts.

5Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
6He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
7My victory and honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
8O my people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him,
for God is our refuge.

God is our refuge and he is always going to hold us. Only if we allow God to, by doing the right thing before him even if others choose to lose faith, lose hope or lose heart. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him (John 1:3 NLT). Lift our hearts to him and allow him to work miracles in you. Let our hearts be filled with grace - God loves us just the way we are but he refuses to leave you that way. He want you to be like Jesus. During Sunday service the last point in the notes I end off this devotion - The Christian life of grace is one of miracles, therefore patiently wait by faith, do not Quit until God brings his miraculous closure to the situation.

2 Cor 6:10 (NLT)
Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.

Animal Branch Dates
鼠 Rat 子 Zi February 19, 1996 February 7, 2008
牛 Ox 丑 Chou February 7, 1997 January 26, 2009
虎 Tiger 寅 Yin January 28, 1998 February 14, 2010
兔 Rabbit 卯 Mao February 16, 1999 February 3, 2011
龍 Dragon 辰 Chen February 5, 2000 January 23, 2012
蛇 Snake 巳 Si January 24, 2001 February 10, 2013
馬 Horse 午 Wu February 12, 2002 January 31, 2014
羊 Sheep 未 Wei February 1, 2003 February 19, 2015
猴 Monkey 申 Shen January 22, 2004 February 8, 2016
雞 Rooster 酉 You February 9, 2005 January 28, 2017
狗 Dog 戌 Xu January 29, 2006 February 16, 2018
豬 Pig 亥 Hai February 18, 2007 February 5, 2019

No comments: