Mar 18, 2009

GoD M.S.G. [Mar 18 - 24, 2009]

Philippians 4:10-13 (New Living Translation)
10 How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. 11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Who am I? In my mind I was thinking of Jackie Chan's film he starred in titled, "Who Am I?" Well, he was a secret agent that lost his memory after falling from a crashing helicopter, then chased by a number of other agency operatives, and he has no idea why. I was thinking and this struck me, am I blind to the outside of me and unable to see the false programming in my life causing sin to chase me and I keep wondering

How could this be happening?

This week talks about having the Right Attachment...in our Spiritual Awakening series. Are we in constant struggle with the world whom seems to feed us a standard that brings happiness? Maybe, in some examples I have seen - having certain things in life will bring about satisfaction, however what is true happiness and satisfaction in the long-term run. Paul who has reach out to tell men and women about the joy of having Christ in you - and receive the everlasting love and salvation that he has already won for you. In Philippians 3:13-14 (NLT), Paul talks about how he is not perfect! Reading about the letters he wrote, how could he not be perfect, however Paul was aware that he is nothing and he focus on one thing:

13 I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

If you would only listen to Christ Jesus - through him may we be overturned away from our past and learn to reach out and love him in return. To be in Christ's approval and not our own approval in our lives.


Give Me Your Eyes
by Brandon Heath

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

No comments: