Jul 1, 2009

GoD M.S.G. [July 1-7, 2009]

Hi Hi,

Wow, so fast time has moved ... anyway to all in the US - Happy Independence Day on coming 4th of July!!! i will be having a BBQ with the international fellowship down at a bay, yummy tummy is going fill my belly . Hope all is well in your life and your loved ones close to you ... i have been getting wonderful news in Singapore as some of my friends have either gotten married or are having their first baby! i am so excited for them and not sure what to say but just a lot of joy for them.

This week out reading comes from Luke 18:1-8 ; Genesis 3:1-9

God is really a great provider as this week i have been feeling a bit emotional, however all the words around have been encouraging. My devotions this day was “[Humble Service in the Body of Christ] For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.” (Romans 12:3) and last Sunday Pastor Andre talked about How Grace Enables Us to Persevere in Prayer ... WOW to me not listening to the encouragement and throwing a Pity Party on my own ... (thanks Pine for this term!). i should rely on the strength of Christ and not looking at my own self thinking i can handle it on my own. Andre talked about how when we persevere our heart and emotions can endure the process and catch up to be aware of God's gracious promises and not lose heart while we wait.

i am not going to stop in my pursuit towards the love of God, Lincoln Brewster's recorded a song and here's a verse and chorus;
in brokenness|i know you hold me|safe in redemptions arms|and i confess you alone restore me|leading me to your heart . . .and oh where else can i turn|but to the love of god|| the love of God ... that's so wonderful as i do not have to hide no more as once we believe the grace, goodness, and the Love Of God ... we want to turn towards, reveal me for God!

it is funny that a person like me who is not afraid of my past anymore as Christ conquered my life ... i struggle with the God of How Much More - i worry so much about how will i ever accomplish what He wants of me ... i keep on praying and persist in my asking to Christ for my struggles.

1 John 5:15 ; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Le me leave you with this message, the tree in which Christ Jesus died on was a cut down tree - and Jesus turned it to a tree of life that we can all lean on. Jesus can tell us about his love but we will not really understand, hence only but showing us do we slowly realize Christ's love is that of the How Much More! Amen, Hallelujah my friend and may your week be a wonderful.

No comments: